I saw somewhere on Twitter the idea of choosing a word to represent your year instead of making a New Years Resolution. I’m not a big fan of New Years Resolutions mainly because like most people by March I’ve already lost interest or given up.
So, the idea of choosing a word to describe my year sounded extremely appealing.
After much thought and a little time on dictionary.com, I’ve decided to make STRENGTH my word for 2016.
For my family:
- Strength to not let the little things upset me.
- Strength to let go of the things I can not control.
- Strength to love, when all else fails, LOVE!
For my kids:
- Strength to be the best mom I can be. They deserve the absolute very best of me!
- Strength to be patient – I learned a long time ago not to pray for patience but to pray for the strength to be patient.
- Strength to be quick to love and slow to anger.
- Strength to be a good role model in how I react, act, and just live life.
- Strength to let go – it’s okay that there are toys everywhere, I do have 3 kids. #letitgo
- Strength to keep up with eating healthy, trying to exercise, and get in shape.
- Strength to get up early and make me time in the mornings a priority.
- I want to share strength with the moms/families that are facing a difficult pregnancy, a possible stay in the NICU, premature babies, hospitalizations, surgery, and more.
- I want to share strength with the moms that feel like they just aren’t cut out to be moms or stay at home moms. We all have those days – trust me it’s a mom thing.
- I want to share strength with those that are homeschooling for the first time or are just in a rut. Homeschooling is hard work, but watching your kids grasp new things and enjoy learning is the greatest reward.
I am so excited for 2016 and can’t wait to see where strength takes me this year! What do you need strength to do?
What is your word? I’d love to hear what your goals are for this year.