I stumbled upon something called the 52 Lists Project last week and will admit that I am SO SAD I’ve missed out on the first two months of this challenge. If you haven’t heard about it you can find the book here and information about the project and author, here. I just jumped on the bandwagon following Chasing Slow.
If you’ve learned nothing about me yet, it’s that I love to make lists hence my new love, The Bullet Journal, and of course my many, many book list posts like the newest Great Counting Books for Kids.
I LOVE LISTS!
So, the way the project works is that there is a list to be made for each week of the year and this week’s list is ….
Ways to Clean for Spring
Something else you should know about me… I LOVE SPRING CLEANING.
A teacher friend of mine and I, would begin working on our spring break cleaning to do lists WEEKS before Spring Break even started. And although Spring cleaning isn’t nearly as fun with toddlers in the house it’s still something I look forward to each year.
In fact I start making my spring cleaning list right around the time the birds start chirping and at the first signs of a warm day!
With this week’s weather being so absolutely gorgeous, this list couldn’t have come at a better time.
Without further ado, here is my Spring Cleaning list!
- Open all the windows and wipe out the window wells (not sure that is what they are called but I clean em good).
- Clean inside glass on all doors and windows (J is in charge of power washing the outside).
- Pull out fridge, stove, and other appliances and clean under them
- Move furniture in all the rooms and vacuum. This leads to rearranging, most of the time.
- Dust ceiling fans
- Wipe all baseboards
- Clean air vents
- Pack away/organize winter accessories (gloves, hats, coats, snow suits) and break out the spring/summer things.
- Wipe down doors and walls
- Give the kitchen a good hands and knees scrub (I do this more than once a year I promise).
- Sort through and donate clothes, toys, and other things that are not being used or played with.
- Dust EVERYTHING!
Well there you have it! In all honesty, before kids I could blow through this list in a few days. Now, this list will take me weeks! And in reality when I’m done I’ll need to do it all again but that’s just how it goes.
What does your spring cleaning list look like? How do you clean for Spring?
I look forward to hearing all about it!
Happy Almost Spring Y’all,
Interested in learning more about the 52 Lists Project be sure to check out the book, here.