Today I wanted to share a few super simple cleaning hacks that will totally change the way you clean, unless of course you already know about them.
As a full-time working mom, I tended to let certain aspects of cleaning slide, often times for way too long. I mean you basically clean the shower every time you take one right?!?!
That is until I stumbled upon, or more likely, my mom let me in on some of her little secrets. In which my response was, “really I’ve been cleaning for years and you JUST NOW tell me this.”
So here they are…
- Shower/ Bathtub Tip: Spray your bathtub or shower down with cleaner and turn on the hot water so the steam can help do the dirty work while you clean your sinks.
- Swiffer the Tub/Shower: Use a dry Swiffer mop and a rag/clean cloth to wipe down your shower/tub. Start at the top and work your way down. Then, take the rag off and wipe out the bottom.
- Swiffer on the floor: Use a cleaning cloth or rag and a cleaning spray of your choice (I love Method All Purpose Grapefruit) to clean your floors. I get the rag a little damp before putting it on the Swiffer. Then, spray the floor and Swiffer away.
- Swiffer away cobwebs: Using a cleaning cloth or rag and a Swiffer mop you can dust those cobwebs from even the hardest to reach places.
- Cleaning Cloths/ Rags: The great thing about using cleaning cloths or rags is that you just throw them in the wash with a little bleach, detergent, and some HOT water and they will be ready to use again.
- Choose a schedule: You might be the kind that likes to set aside a few hours each week and just tackle your house all at once. I’ve even seen people who use the sun, moon, and a compass to help them clean their home. If you are like me you like to do a little bit each day. Whichever you choose, find something that works best for you and be willing to be flexible but also to stick with it.
Some of my favorite cleaning supplies:
If you have a dry Swiffer mop at home, you should definitely try it out. You would be amazed at all the different ways you can use it other than just cleaning your floors!
What are some of your cleaning tips, tricks, and hacks? What kind of cleaning schedule do you follow?
Are you getting ready to Spring clean, check out my Spring Cleaning list?